Joomla 4 & 5 Native Matomo and Google Analytics Plugin
The Joomla 4 & 5 Header Plugin (JStats ) creates automatically Google Analytics or Matomo your Website.
It uses the Joomla Update System and is translated actually in German and English(working on it). Its from the Developer of JNofollow and also free of charge.
With the evolution of Joomla, website analytics have become a crucial part of site management. The integration of analytics tools like Matomo allows site administrators to track and analyze visitor data effectively. This article delves into the innovative integration of Matomo analytics in Joomla 4 and 5, discussing the benefits and guiding through the installation process. You can disable the Cookies, that's an Option.
Benefits of Using Matomo with Joomla
Matomo offers complete control over user data, unlike other analytics solutions. When used with Joomla, it provides:
- Complete data ownership
- User privacy protection
- Customizable dashboard and reports
- Real-time data updates
Integrating Matomo with Joomla 4 & 5 requires following several steps to ensure a proper setup. Here is a simplified guide:
- Download the Matomo Analytics plugin from the Joomla extensions directory.
- Navigate to your Joomla admin panel and install the plugin via the 'Extensions Manager'.
- Access the plugin settings and configure it by entering your Matomo server information.
- Enable the plugin and save the settings.
After following these steps, Matomo Analytics will start tracking the visitor data on your Joomla website.
Understanding website analytics is imperative in today's digital world. The native Matomo and Analytics plugin for Joomla 4 and 5 offers a seamless and efficient way to gather, analyze, and respond to user interaction data. By taking advantage of this integration, website administrators can make more informed decisions, enhancing the user experience and ultimately, the website's success.
System Requirements for Joomla JStats by SEO NW
- Joomla 4 or Joomla 5 Website (Joomla 3 and older are not supported)
- PHP 5.4 minimum (PHP 8 recommended - tested with PHP 8.2, works fine)
Download Joomla Jstats for free
- https://JStats.de/_download/jstats_v_1.0.7.zip - SHA-256 checksum: 43081091b0fdd1a9589cba9e0509f6294c153c08885f11ce2749a03456b49577
- initial release, there are no older Plugins
What can the Plugin do for me?
It creates Google Analytics and Matomo Field where you can place your Code. Ehhhhm, every Code is allowed, when you want to add some CSS, you can do it.
Future Development and Support
If you have an idea what could improve the Plugin send me a Email to
Demo in Source Code
- Suchmaschinenoptimierung by SEO NW
- Spiele - Spielregeln (Joomla Website)
- Campingplatz Bertingen & Indianer Tipidorf Joomla 4 Site
- Ferienhäuser and Ferienwohnungen (both Joomla5 Sites)
- Joomla SEO
- Joomla Calendar
Advantages of Matomo instead of Google Analytics
The Plugin can both: Google Analytics and Matomo. But we recommed Matomo instead of Analytics. Here´s why:
Matomo, formerly known as Piwik, is a popular open-source alternative to Google Analytics. Both tools offer a range of features for website analytics, tracking visitors, performance, and more. However, there are several reasons why someone might choose Matomo over Google Analytics:
Data Ownership and Privacy:
- One of the primary advantages of Matomo is that it allows you to own your data fully since you can host it on your own server. This feature is particularly appealing due to increasingly strict data protection regulations (like GDPR) and growing concerns about data privacy.
- Matomo doesn't use the collected data for any other purpose, unlike Google, which might leverage the data across its various services.
- You have the option of ensuring the privacy of your visitors to a higher degree, as Matomo allows for more straightforward compliance with data protection laws.
Customization and Flexibility:
- Being open-source software, Matomo is highly customizable. Users with technical expertise can modify aspects of Matomo to fit their specific needs, whether that means integrating with a custom data source, altering how data is collected, or changing the user interface.
- It also allows for more control over the data sampling and reporting process. Google Analytics, especially the free version, has certain limitations in data sampling, which might affect data accuracy for larger websites.
- Matomo, due to its lesser-known status and self-hosted nature, often bypasses ad-blockers that usually target and restrict the functionalities of commercial solutions like Google Analytics. This can lead to more accurate data tracking.
No Data Sharing with Advertising Networks:
- Unlike Google Analytics, Matomo doesn’t share your data with an advertising network. This aspect might be especially appealing for businesses with sensitive information or those looking to offer their customers an ad-free experience.
User-Centric Reports and Features:
- Matomo tends to have a user-centric approach in its reporting, including more straightforward user journey tracking, which some users find more intuitive and actionable than Google Analytics.
Flat Fee for Premium Features:
- For the paid version (Matomo Cloud), instead of a usage-based pricing model like Google Analytics' premium version (Google Analytics 360), Matomo charges a flat rate. This approach can be more cost-effective for sites with heavy traffic, avoiding the steep prices that can come with high-traffic sites on Google Analytics 360.
Community Support and Innovation:
- The open-source community often backs Matomo, meaning users and developers contribute to its continuous improvement and extension. For organizations with development resources, this means the ability to innovate and implement features without waiting for official releases.
- Download for Free
- Yes, it's really free and Open source. You can download Matomo here.
However, while Matomo has several advantages, it also comes with challenges, such as the need for your own infrastructure and technical expertise (for the self-hosted version), potentially higher costs of maintenance, and a smaller community compared to Google's universal presence. Also, Google Analytics tends to be ahead in terms of integrating the latest AI-driven insights and features, given its broader data set and funding.
Deciding between Matomo and Google Analytics will depend on your specific needs, resources, and priorities, particularly regarding data ownership, privacy, and control versus advanced features and integrations.